Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a 4 year program of Tribhuvan University. BCA focuses on development of programming and networking skills and makes familiar with application package. The objective of the program is to produce skilled computer application users and developers.
After the completion, graduates will be eligible to study in any faculties under the Information Technology such as MCA, MIT, MBA and many more.
Students who have passed +2 or equivalent examinations with minimum 45% marks or 1.8 CGPA (not less than D+ in single subject) are eligible for admission in BCA program of TU.
Candidates must pass the admission test of Tribhuvan University. Only successful candidates will be interviewed and granted admission.
Applicants should enclose the following documents:
- A certificate of +2 or equivalent degree having minimum 45% aggregate marks or 1.8 CGPA(not less than D+ in
- Equivalent, Transfer, Character and Original Migration Certificates.
- 2 passport size photograph.
Year 1 Semester 1
- CACS 101 Computer Fundamentals and Application
- CACSO 102 Society and Technology
- CAEN 103 English I
- CAMT 104 Mathematics I
- CACS 105 Digital Logic
Year 1 Semester 2
- CACS 151 C Programming
- CAAC 152 Financial Accounting
- CAEN 153 English II
- CAMT 154 Mathematics II
- CACS 155 Microprocessor and Computer Application
Year 2 Semester 3
- CACS 151 Data Structure and Algorithm
- CAAC 152 Probability and Statistics
- CAEN 153 System Analysis
- CAMT 154 OOP In Java
- CACS 155 Web Technology
Year 2 Semester 4
- CACS 251 Operating System
- CAST 252 Numerical Methods
- CACS 253 Software Engineering
- CACS 254 Scripting Language
- CACS 255 Database Management System
- CAPJ 256 Project I
Year 3 Semester 5[Credit hour 15]
- CACS 301 MIS and E-business
- CACS 302 DotNet Technology
- CACS 303 Computer Networking
- CACS 304 Introduction to Management
- CACS 305 Computer Graphics and Animation
Year 3 Semester 6[Credit hour 17]
- CACS 351 Mobile Programming
- CACS 352 Distributed System
- CACS 353 Applied Economics
- CACS 354 Advanced Java Programming
- CACS 355 Networking Programming
- CACS 356 Project II
Year 4 Semester 7[Credit hour 15]
- CACS 401 Cyber Law and Professional Ethics
- CAST 402 Cloud Computing
- CAIN 403 Internship
- Elective I
- Elective II
Year 4 Semester 8[Credit hour 15]
- CACS 451 Operation Research
- CAPJ 452 Project III
- Elective III
- Elective IV
BCA graduates can work as system-analyst, system managers, project managers, database administrators, system designers and programmers in Banks, IT firms, etc.